Following the advice of the Bishop, and after careful consultation with our church leadership, First UMC Sealy, along with most Methodist churches, has suspended traditional services and activities for the next couple of weeks. First Sealy is currently planning to get Sunday services broadcasted on Facebook, then sent via email, but please continue to check our Facebook page and our website to stay informed and updated.
So, in short, beginning March 19– April 5 (weeks beyond will be evaluated on April 5):
- Sunday Worship will be broadcast on Facebook at 10 am on Sundays. More details coming.
- Our Church buildings will be closed to all activities and ministries.
- Our Lenten Bible Study is being postponed. Richard Bauman will contact participants if things change.
- Community Lenten Lunches have been cancelled.
- Eggstravaganza has been cancelled for this year. We are brainstorming about ways to get the already-filled Easter eggs out to our neighbors in the coming weeks.
- Confirmation activities are cancelled, but our staff is working on ways to get our confirmands together to continue our lessons and discussions. These relationships are needed now more than ever.
- First Kids Mother’s Day Out follow the school district schedule, and will not meet this month. If you are in need of childcare, please contact our offices for babysitting referrals.
- You can still reach church staff by phone, in the office, Monday-Thursday from 9 am–3 pm.
- If you have a Pastoral Emergency, please call the church office or call Pastor Mike directly.
- If you are a person in the higher risk category and have avoided going out into public, let your church family help! We can organize other members to run errands, pick up groceries, etc. Our church is a family so let's pull together during this uncertain time.
- As you know, our church depends on your giving … and even though we won't be worshipping together this week, we will still have financial obligations to keep. Please continue to mail in your contributions, if you are able. .
- Sign-up for church E-News. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list.
For 2,000 years, Christians have been called to turn away from anxiety, stress, and chaos and instead turn to Jesus Christ. We ask that you join us in pressing into the living hope that has been bestowed upon us through Jesus Christ, our Lord.